- MusicMaster PRO 8.0.6 Available
- Library Query Filters in Version 8.0
- Using Schedule Ready Check: Hour Timing, Airplay Contracts and more
- Recombinant Scheduling
- Database Security and User Rights
- Support Bulletin: ESET Internet Security and MusicMaster
- Audio Editor
- Phantom Burn and Familiarity
- F9 and Finding an Old Favorite
- Category Fallback Options
- PRO 8.0.2 Released
- Almost Perfect – Setting the Order for Your Rules
- Stack’em and Count’em: Numbering Song Rotation Order
Library Query Filters in Version 8.0 posted on July 25th, 2022
Library Query Filters in Version 8.0
by Paul Ziino
We’ve introduced some new library query filters in version 8.0 that may come in handy for you. Here’s what you can expect.
In Date fields like Add Date, Edit Date, or Move Date there are new queries for
- Matches Current Date
- Within Current Week
- Within Current Month
- Matches Last Scheduled Date
- Within Last Scheduled Week
- Within Last Scheduled Month
- Within Last X Days
- Within Next X Days
- Within Last X Scheduled Days
- Within Next X Scheduled Days
For example, you could do a query for songs with an Add Date within the last X number of days or within the current month. Or you could look for songs that were moved into their current category within the last X number of days.
In multiple keyword fields like Artist Keywords there are new queries to include
- Primary Keyword Equals
- Primary Keyword Contains
- Primary Keyword Does Not Equal
- Primary Keyword Does Not Contain
- Count Equals
- Count Does Not Equal
- Count Greater Than
- Count Greater Than or Equal To
- Count Less Than
- Count Less Than or Equal To
- Trivia Text Does Not Contain
So you can query Artist Keywords and ask for only songs where the keyword in question is the first (primary) keyword in the field. Or you could request a list of songs for artists where their keyword appears at least X number of times.
And if you use the Trivia system in MusicMaster we can query in that field more easily now with the following options.
- Trivia Text Does Not Contain
- Trivia Start Date Equals
- Trivia Start Date Does Not Equal
- Trivia Start Date Greater Than
- Trivia Start Date Greater Than or Equal To
- Trivia Start Date Less Than
- Trivia Start Date Less Than or Equal To
- Trivia Kill Date Equals
- Trivia Kill Date Does Not Equal
- Trivia Kill Date Greater Than
- Trivia Kill Date Greater Than or Equal To
- Trivia Kill Date Less Than
- Trivia Kill Date Less Than or Equal To
Which can help you find trivia that is current, outdated, or has yet to go into effect.
Did you know you can create saved queries and then designate one of them as your favorite in the library? When you’re in the query window, click Save As to create a new saved query in the library.
Now that you have your query saved, in Library Maintenance click the binoculars icon with the little heart next to it—that’s where you can pick your favorite query. And by the way, if you don’t want a favorite query, you can select No Favorite Query.
There are lots of great new features in version 8.0, available now for MusicMaster Pro subscribers. Have questions? Reach out to your MusicMaster Scheduling Consultant.